Sunday, September 13, 2009

PLUNGE Readings for September 20, 2009

September 20, 2009

BEGIN WITH PRAYER – Jesus, open my ears to hear the message our Father is speaking to me today. Holy Spirit, work in my heart so that Your Words will penetrate and transform my life to be more like Jesus, in whose name I ask this. AMEN

BREATHE GRACE!!!
Before we start, take some time right now, right where you are, to stop, be still and BREATHE GRACE!! Close your eye and take a deep breath. As you breathe think GRACE – God’s undeserved Riches At Christ’s Expense. Breathe fully, filling your lungs, your cells, your heart, your whole being with His love, His forgiveness, His mercy, His Son, and His Spirit. This week as we read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest His word, BREATHE GRACE!! Listen for the Grace that God breathes into us and then hear the Grace He wants to breathe out of us. Ready? BREATHE GRACE!!!!

BREATHE GRACE!!!
“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The LORD protects the simple hearted; when I was in great need, he saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you”. Psalm 116:1&2, 5-7
Inhale all that God has done for us in Christ: the cries for mercy He has heard and answered, the compassion He has shown us, the protection from evil He supplies us, and, most importantly, the salvation He has gifted us with by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus. BREATHE GRACE and be at rest.

BREATHE GRACE!!!
“The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears, Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced.” Isaiah 50:4-7
Breathe deep as God awakens your ears to hear the words that sustain you when you are weary, as He instructs you, and as He helps you in your time of need.

BREATHE GRACE!!
“Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.” James 3:1-2
Breathe deep and know that you are not alone!!! We have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23), we all get weary, and we all stumble. Confess your sin, humbly turn to God for mercy, and let Him infuse you with Grace through the forgiveness and absolution received from the cross of Jesus Christ. Then, share your struggles and let God use Spirit instructed tongues to bring Grace, mercy, forgiveness and peace to you and to others through mutual Christian consolation and conversation.

BREATHE GRACE!!
“if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."
Breathe deep and know there is NOTHING that God cannot do. There is no situation in which He does not have absolute sovereignty over, there is no circumstance He cannot handle, there is no sin that is beyond His forgiveness, and there is no person He cannot change – even me, and even you!!.
Breathe deep and remember: “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”(Romans 8:32).

LORD I BELIEVE – HELP MY UNBELIEF


Monday – (Old Testament)
Deuteronomy Isaiah 50:4-10
READ

Tuesday – Psalm 116:1-9
MARK

Wednesday –(Epistle)
James 3:1-12
LEARN

Thursday – (Gospel)
Mark 9:14-29
INWARDLY DIGEST

Friday –BREATHE GRACE!!

Saturday – Ask - Who does God want to BREATHE GRACE through me this week??

Sunday – Go to the WORD, BREATHE GRACE, and be refreshed

No comments:

Post a Comment