Sunday, January 4, 2009

HOW THE 40 PLUNGE WORKS

TAKE THE 40 PLUNGE
40 MINUTES A WEEK IN GOD’S WORD– USING THE CHURCHES WEEKLY SCRIPTURE READING

PURPOSE: “I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.” Philippians 3:10 “The LORD…. revealed himself to Samuel through his Word.” 1 Samuel 3:21

GOAL: “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD” Jeremiah 29:13

Here’s how it works:
Commit at least 40 minutes each week to spend in God’s Word
o 5 minutes each day Monday – Friday
o 15 Minutes on Saturday
o regular church attendance on Sunday
READ through the Weekly Scripture readings (Lectionary)
REFLECT on what God is revealing to you though His word
RECORD the words, thoughts or insights God gives to you
SHARE how God has revealed Himself to you through His Word
o Post on Face book
o Send an e-mail
o phone or text friend
o Talk about it at Church



It is my prayer that as you spend time at the feet of Jesus, you will grow to know Him more and His powerful love for you so that you will crave more and more time with Him everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment